The Artsy Jeddah

Then here we come to the last city I had visited before went back to Indonesia. By the time I arrived there, my first impression of Jeddah was "Waw! People in this city is no less creative than Jakarta's". I could say it because I saw many sculptures along my way to the Red Sea, such as globe, big bicycle (Indonesian called it as Sepeda Nabi Adam, because of its size that so big and even bigger than a bus), Al-Quran and many more. What make it more interesting is, the artists that made those sculptures were not only Arabian, but also from France, America and some other countries. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any photos of them.

Barnie's is another Starbucks in Arab



I can't imagine how tremendous and modern Abu Dhabi and Dubai are, while Jeddah, which is less modern than both of them, has many wealthy people. As far as I saw, there were plenty of beautiful big houses around the beach and also much more luxury cars than our people have in Jakarta, like Hummer, Jaguar and other kind of expensive cars.

 Arabic traffic signs  

Gazzaz, one of the most popular department stores in Arab


Any kind of kurmas
When you are going to Jeddah for the first time, people will always suggest you to visit the Red Sea, one of the popular seas, which is lying between Africa and Asia. For those who do not know why it is called "red sea", probably will expect to see a sea which filled with a red water. The fact is, it same like any other seas, filled with a blue water. It was called as a red sea, because there used to be a war between Firaun and Prophet Musa AS which caused many people were killed.   

Masjid Ar-Rahman or usually called with Masjid Terapung, because it is placed near the Red Sea

0 Comments